Schools are divided into three categories: small primaries (150 pupils and under), large primaries (over 150 pupils), and post-primary schools. In each category there will be a winning school with the most journeys by foot, bike or scooter, and a winning school with the most cycle journeys as well as other prizes over the 10 days of the Challenge. This means there are lots of opportunities for all sizes of school to win prizes and do well.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place - Best overall cycling school (Small Primary, Large Primary and Post Primary)
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place - Best overall active travel school (Small Primary, Large Primary and Post Primary)
- 1st, 2nd place –Best Cycle School on each Single Stage Day – 2nd April and 11 April
- 1st, 2nd place –Best Active Travel School on each Single Stage Day – 2nd April and 11 April
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place – Special Educational Needs School on SEN Day, 2nd April
The best cycling school and the best active travel school in all three categories (small primary, large primary and post primary) will receive an awesome RampRage experience from T13, with a Flatland BMX demo featuring one of the top 3 athletes in Ireland as well as each pupil receiving a £6 Free Session voucher for the T13 Urban Sports Academy.
Other prizes include:
- A class trip to Titanic Belfast,
- Dr Bike Sessions,
- Class set of Hi Vis Jackets with exclusive Giro branding
- Goody bags